Image Map

Friday, January 1, 2016

One Little Word

It is incredibly hard for me to even attempt to choose one word to focus on for this year. It's in my nature to want to take on as much as possible to become a better teacher, girlfriend, daughter, sister... person in general. As I'm sure many teachers (and driven minds) can relate, I want to choose several little words that can help me become a more well-rounded person: simple, positive, reliable, courage, peace, consistency... BUT I have thought for the last week about where I'm at and where I want to go in 2016, and have decided on my One Little Word.



ENJOY


One thing that I have found over the course of the last 365 days is that I often think too much and get inside of my own head. This causes me to be placed in a state of mind that is not healthy for myself or my relationships. The perfectionist in me is often disappointed when things aren't exactly how I imagined them. The planner in me is often displeased when things don't go the way I feel they should.


My hope and wish for 2016 is that no matter what I am doing, who I am with, or what I am trying to achieve, I will ENJOY the process and the outcome regardless of what happens. I also hope to focus on this word throughout my blog entries this coming year to help hold myself accountable and share all the joy with you!


What is your One Little Word? Was it difficult for you to pick just one?


olwblog

No comments:

Post a Comment